Thursday, December 21, 2006

Song List II

Here's the updated list of what I'm writing to this month. Once a month I get rid of the songs I'm writing to (unless I really like them or they work so well I can't bear to part with them) and get new ones. This month's songs are:

Depressing scenes, Scenes where I need Aine to go all "broody dyke" lol:

  • "Away from Me", "I Must Be Dreaming", "Fields of Innocence"- Evanescence
  • "Suicide"-Johnette Napolitano
  • "Imagine"- A Perfect Circle
  • "Gunnin"- Hedley
  • "Monochrome"- Helmet
  • "Every Day is Exactly the Same"- Nine Inch Nails
  • "Pain"- Three Days Grace
  • "Effigy"- The SmashUp

Angry scenes, Fight scenes


  • "Your Nightmare"- Eighteen Visions
  • "You Oughta Know"- Alanis Morisette
  • "This Calling"- All that Remains
  • "Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow"- Bullet for My Valentine
  • "Shithole Theme"- Charlie Clouser (This one is from the Saw III soundtrack. I wrote chapter seven entirely while listening to this one and the third song from the depressed list. It's instrumental and the tension I could feel in the song was perfect for the scene. I wish I could attach music to each scene of my book! lol)
  • "Deify" and "Guarded"- Disturbed
  • "Vampires" and "Whatever"- Godsmack
  • "Crawling in the Dark"- Hoobastank
  • "Killer Inside"- Hydrovibe feat. Shawnee Smith
  • "Freak on a Leash"- Korn
  • "Walk with me in Hell"- Lamb of God
  • "Shed"- Meshugga
  • "Eyes of the Insane"- Slayer
  • "Mudshovel"- Staind
  • "No Submission"- Static X

Everything else

  • "Say it Right"- Nelly Furtado
  • "Bella Luna"- Jason Mraz
  • "Go Away"- Jakalope
  • "Snow White Queen" and "Sweet Sacrifice"- Evanescence

I can tell that the tone of my book has changed, that Aine is depressed. The angry and depressed lists are longer than anything else.

No comments: