Friday, September 21, 2007

Look, it's colorwork!!

Look, I did colorwork. And I liked it. I look really... odd in this picture. My face looks... long. *laugh* Makes me look thinner, I don't care. Look Ma, cheekbones!!!




And here's a closeup of the band of colorwork. I opted not to do the second chart and just decreased while working plain with the main color instead. I didn't like the flowery thing going on with the original pattern.




Pattern: Fake Isle Hat by Amy King (Not THAT Amy King Mom) Magknits November 2006
Yarn: Patons SWS in "Natural Crimson" and "Natural Coal"
Needles: Size 7 16" circular and dpns
Modifications: Omitted chart 2 and decreased as I would in a basic hat
Notes: I love this hat. It's warm and the fair isle turned out absolutely awesome. If I could work every fair isle pattern on circulars and never ever ever come near it with dpns I'd be completely sold on it. Look how perfect the inside is.



Also included is my pretty black nail polish. And this other picture is a sneak peek of coming attractions: the car seat blanket I'm working for little miss O. It's waiting on the last 3 rows of edging and two ribbons.


No comments: